What Are The Differences Between Mold "Removal" And Mold Remediation In Your San Antonio Home?
Mold growth in your San Antonio home is not only unsightly, but it can also lead to health effects. All it takes is a small water leak or excess humidity to spiral out of control, and within 48 hours, you could have a case of mold damage on your hands. Fortunately for you, our highly trained mold specialists at SERVPRO of Guadalupe & Gonzales Counties have the industry knowledge, training, and expertise to manage your mold situation.
How Does Mold “Removal” Differ From Mold Remediation?
- Microscopic mold spores exist indoors and outdoors, so it’s impossible to remove ALL mold from your San Antonian home. While it’s often advertised that mold can be totally “removed,” this is simply untrue.
- Mold can be remediated, however, and when exposed to water, it can quickly grow into colonies. This is why it is imperative to address any sources of water or moisture before mold remediation can begin.
- You can detect possible mold problem areas through their smell. Mold produces a strong, musty odor, and aside from mold remediation, our team is also trained in removing odors caused by mold damage and water damage.
What Does The Mold Remediation Process Look Like In Nashville?
- While every mold remediation process is different, there are a few key steps that remain the same. The first step is to contact us! We are the mold damage experts, and our representative will ask a series of questions to make sure we have a complete understanding of your situation, so the mold mitigation process is as seamless as possible.
- Next, we will conduct an inspection and mold damage assessment to thoroughly inspect your property for obvious signs of mold. Although local and state laws may have a specific documentation process based on the size of the affected area, the general protocol here requires that we provide guidance on your unique mold damage situation.
- Once we find visible signs of mold, we use several forms of containment to trap the mold and prevent it from spreading further. We may use advanced containment procedures such as negative air chambers and negative air pressure during the cleanup process. All fans and HVAC systems will be turned off during this process to reduce the spread of mold.
- We use powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to regulate air filtration, which prevents the spread of mold while the mold remediation is in progress.
- Afterward, we remove all mold-infested materials and begin content cleaning and belongings. We use fogging equipment to remove putrid odors caused by mold and disinfect your items.
- Once we complete all these steps, the restoration process can begin. This can include minor reparations such as replacing the drywall, painting and installing new carpeting, or major reparations such as a full-scale reconstruction of various areas of your Nashville home.
Here at SERVPRO of Guadalupe & Gonzales Counties, we care about helping out our local community as best as we can. Disasters can happen when you least expect them. Still, because we are a locally-owned and operated business, we make it a point to respond immediately when handling a crisis. Contact us at (830) 379-7474 and let us help you get through your mold calamities stress-free.